Search by Spreadsheet
Analyzer.Tools allows the processing and analyzing of bulk product lists by loading an Excel product list into the program. This is a powerful tool that can deliver critical data, in bulk, to determine if a product is profitable and much more. In order to begin, you will need an Excel product list from a supplier (the “Spreadsheet”) that meets the required Spreadsheet formatting requirements as explained in the sections below.
PROCESSING A SPREADSHEET
1. Click New Scan button then select Process Spreadsheet
2. Follow Step 1, 2 and 3 and click Process to begin processing
- Step 1: Click Select File and choose a properly formatted product list spreadsheet (see section below for formatting requirements),
- Step 2: Verify the 3 drop downs are mapping correctly to your spreadsheet columns that contain this data. If they are not, select the correct columns. If you do not see your column headers available for selection, this indicates your spreadsheet does not meet the formatting requirements as described in the next section,
- Step 3: Select additional columns (optional) from your input spreadsheet to include in Results for reference. Click Process.
3. Your Spreadsheet is now processing! You can check the progress by looking at the status indicator in the Recent Lists section of the Dashboard. Once your file is finished processing, click the File Name and start analyzing!
Additional Information & Requirements
- Product ID Type: The program will attempt to logically select the proper column that contains the Product ID Type (UPC/EAN, ASIN, ISBN). Confirm the correct selection is made and use the drop-down to correct if needed,
- Product ID Column: The program will attempt to logically select the proper column that contains the Product ID column data. This is the column in the Spreadsheet containing the UPC/EAN, ASIN, ISBN data. Confirm the correct selection is made and use the drop-down to select the correct column if needed,
- Cost Column (optional): The program will attempt to logically select the proper column that contains the Purchase Price column data. This is the column in your Spreadsheet containing the Purchase Price from your supplier (aka Cost of Good Sold). Confirm the correct selection is made and use the drop-down to select the correct column if needed. If no Purchase Price data is included in the file, leave this drop-down blank,
- Additional Columns: Displays additional data columns from your input spreadsheet to Results. For example, you may have a SKU or MOQ column in your supplier’s price sheet that may be helpful to include in the results for your reference.
Spreadsheet Formatting Requirements
Analyzer.Tools accepts spreadsheets in Excel format (including .xls, .xlsx and .csv extensions). The following are requirements for spreadsheets to be processed correctly:
- Header is required to be in row 1 of spreadsheet. Avoid blank rows above or directly below row 1,
- Product ID cell may have some special characters (i.e.: space, comma, dash and underscore) but unrecognized special characters may cause an issue so it’s generally recommended to have clean UPC/EAN/ISBN/ASIN IDs,
- All product IDs need to be in one column with Purchase Price for each ID (optional) in separate column,
- Each input file should only contain one type of Product ID in the same column with the exception of UPCs and EANs which CAN be mixed. Mixing other IDs such as UPC and ASIN in same column is not recommended for accurate results.